What it means to be a Disciple
We are part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
We are a movement for wholeness in a fragmented world. We want to bring all of God's children together to make the world a better place. We value thinking over blind beliefs, disagreeing agreeably, and sharing the communion table with ALL of God's creation. We affirm that
- The Disciples of Christ started on the American Frontier in the 1800s. Since then, we have worked to preach a Gospel of Love and openness.
- We believe in inclusion at the Lords table. All are welcome. We celebrate communion every week. It is the heart of our worship.
- We practice Believers Baptism. Each person accepts God’s call on heir own. Baptism is one way to enter into God’s church.
- We are a movement for Christian Unity. We work with other denominations and other faiths to make the world a better place. We think that bringing unique voices together helps everyone. Unity, not Uniformity.
- We study scriptures ourselves. We value group study, conversation, and disagreement. We don't rely on someone to give us answers, we seek a better understanding through study and prayer.
- We work for justice. We feel like God is calling us to do our part to help the world. We work for wellness, equality for all people, and we don't mind getting our hands dirty.